Saturday, November 20, 2010

God Of Fire 2005 Carlito

Sorry for the delay in posting but the Thanksgiving prep has taken up most of my free time lately.
This is a cigar that I would not normally smoke on a random night with nothing to celebrate or no one to share the experience with, but for some reason I decided that I would smoke it just for the heck of it. Pre light I noticed minimal sweetness with a slightly dry taste. Starting into the God of Fire the dry sweetness carried over from the pre light and was accompanied with notes of nut and peat. There was a minimal spice when retro haling and the finish was slightly caramel. The further I smoke the spice and sweetness both die down and the dryness increases. A slight floral taste becomes more prevalent as the cigar nears an end and the caramel finish turns into more of butterscotch. I smoked this double rubusto down to about a half inch and enjoyed every second of it. I give it a solid 8+. The only downside of this stick is the price. I think if it had a MSRP of around $10 it would be a great deal but at +$20 I find it to be out of my league. If you are a fan of Fuente products and want to burn some cash along with a great cigar give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment