Wednesday, October 13, 2010

La Flor Dominicana - Double Ligero DL654

Age affects all cigars differently.  In this case, it robbed this DL654 of its power and original flavor in just under 2 years of humi time.  I bought these back in 11/2008 as my wedding cigars, smoking them when purchased and every few months since.  Not that they are bad now, they just lost too much flavor too quickly in my opinion.  On the prelight draw there is an overwhelming hay flavor and the wrapper leaves a tartness on my lips (dried oils I'm sure).  Its still a good smoke with enough complexity to keep you interested, but left me wanting something with a little throttle.  I'm sorry I'm unable to comment more on the flavors this time around, but can say this used to be one of my favorite smokes when it was 3 months old (tasting much like a perdomo sun grown - white label).  Chris and I smoked one together and he seemed to rather enjoy it!  As for me...maybe this is what they mean by the terrible twos?  Back in the day a solid 8 or even 9 may have been my score, but this toddler gets a 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment