Saturday, July 10, 2010

Punch Corona

This is another cigar I received in a trade from a very generous botl. I am not positive on the vitola or the year this cigar was made but I think it is ready to smoke.

This is not the prettiest cigar I have seen but it does sport a nice and even triple cap. The pre light draw is near perfect and has a fresh and crisp taste.

Right off the bat this cigar is showing off its heritage with the famous "twang" that slaps you in the face. The main flavors I am getting are earthy, leather and sweet dried fruit. I love the flavors and aromas I am getting. The burn is great, not razor sharp but not needing any touch ups. The dark gray ash held strong for about an inch before hitting the floor. At this point I would say this is medium in both strength and spice. It leaves a slight tickle on my throat.

As I progress, both the spice and strength are picking up. The slight tickle I described in the first third is slowly growing stronger and stronger. The flavors are still the same but the dried fruit it becoming dominant. The last bit of this third is becoming slightly bitter; maybe it could have used some more time in the humidor. After a small touch up I purged it and the bitterness went away.



The strength is still increasing and the spice is quite strong now. This spice is different from a Nicaraguan spice, it is lighter and not near as bold. The flavor is nuttier now. Out of nowhere it comes back to me, I smoked this cigar on my honeymoon in Mexico. I decide to end this review and sit back and enjoy the memories. I nubbed this guy until my lips could not take anymore.



Before the final bit of this cigar it was just an average cigar, nothing outstanding but nothing bad to say about it. After remembering that I smoked this cigar while sitting in the Vallarta Cigar Factory drinking mojitos and waiting out the rain it went from average to damn good scoring 8 out of 10.  Thanks for the memories Punch!

No comments:

Post a Comment