Friday, July 2, 2010

Padilla Signature 1932 - Corona

I received this cigar in a trade with a very generous botl and it has been sitting in my humidor for about three months. This cigar was from the original 2007 release and the corona gorda size was exclusive to Cigars International. I decided to fire up this stick one night after work with a couple Miller Lites. This is my first attempt to use the new scoring system Vince came up with so let's see if I got it right. I only got one picture that turned out good enough to post. I guess its time to start using a real camera instead of the iphone.

The cigar had great chocolate wrapper topped off with a nicely applied triple cap. The only downside to the appearance was the presence of some sun or water spots. It had a nice firm feel to it with no soft spots that and a slightly tight draw. The pre light draw tasted like sweet tobacco and left a tingle on my lips.

The Padilla Signature 1932 started out with the flavor being mainly burnt toast and it had a very earthy aroma. Getting about an inch in it began to develop a slight fruity hint on the retrohale. The ash held strong for about a inch and a half when it needed a slight touch up. After the touch up it started to pick up strength and spice. The flavors have changed from the dominant burnt toast to more of a leather and wood. So far this cigar is good.

Getting further into the cigar the spice is still picking up but not overpowering. The draw is opening up and this cigar is beginning to produce mass amounts of full creamy smoke. I am beginning to get more of a char and leather when I retrohale. The woodsy flavor (possibly cedar?) is now dominant and it is starting to leave a pepper taste on my tongue. The cigar died out half way into the second third requiring a relight.

The woodsy flavor dies down as it heads back into leather with hints of caramel. After another relight the smoke started turning hot but never bitter. Towards the end the peppery spice subsides and leads way to cinnamon. What a finish!



















I found this to be a very good cigar. It was full of flavor and produced tons of thick creamy smoke. I would buy more if I were to ever come across them. Box worthy no, but definitely a five pack or two.  This stick receives 8 out of 10 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment