These are manufactured in the My Father Cigar factory and blended by Pete Johnson. I've had these resting for 3 months and each month they just get better and better. Pairing this with a Ranger IPA from New Belgium Brewing Co. which has a very high IBU count. After about a half inch in, this cigar balances out with a salted heavy cream taste.
Buttermilk pancake and maple syrup are the predominant flavors as I get to the halfway point. Simply an amazing experience complimented very well by the IPA (laying a cigar snobs stereotype to rest). The ash is extreme (see pic).
As I round into the last stretch of this fine cigar, a note surfaces that reminds me of an AVO, almost with an aroma of a tackle box and plastic worms - very affluent tasting. Extremely rich and satisfying without the harshness or strength. Perhaps Zino-like? Dare I make the comparison?
I opted not to nub this one because I wanted the finish to last forever. I've nubbed them before and wasn't disappointed. Rest will do these guys good and pays off. One of my favorite smokes so far this year. Complex and progressive goes the experience. An absolute must try, scoring 9 out of 10.
No comments:
Post a Comment