***Chris offers up***This was one cigar I was really wanting to try but I never looked into getting it. I figured that with only 150 boxes made I would have no chance of just picking up a single stick. You could imagine my surprise when Vince said that he could grab a couple.
This cigar starts out like most Nicaraguan puros with the normal leather, cocoa and pepper but mellows out somewhat as it burns into the second half. The burn is the downfall for this cigar, it is not terrible but it is very uneven and annoying, probably due to the lack of rest. There was something different with this cigar, every once in a while I would draw and it would be just amazing and kept me interested. This is a nubber, the final inch and a half is dark chocolate and anise, which I do not pickup often but I love when I do. It reminded me of a Tatuaje Verocu #9 but with more complexity. Andre has a good thing going with his limited releases and this one is no different, I give it a 8.

***Vince adds ***
I agree fully with the tasting notes mentioned above! I was WOWed by this cigar. It has its moments where a slight acrid taste creeps in, but all in all a wonderful smoke for the strong cigar lover. It made me a little shaky toward the middle and I had to pad the stomach with a snack.
You'll definitely get chocolate, earth, leather, and very well rounded spice from this cigar. There's even some licorice that makes a cameo at the end. The price point at $13 is a deal breaker though. Overall experience (price aside) is a 9 out of 10 for me and I truly can't wait to get my hands on more. I burned my fingers on this sucker! But buyer beware, I've heard mixed reviews and they point at consistency issues.
No comments:
Post a Comment