Friday, October 15, 2010

Tatuaje Havana VI - Nobles


Say what you will (and I encourage you to do so Mr. Matt at Matt's Cigar Journal) but these are a staple smokes that should be in everyone's humidor.  Not overly strong, but a tasty smoke that grabs your attention all the way through.  I'm guessing there must be lots of seco in here to get this flavor.

I'll admit this vitola isn't as near good as the Havana VI Hermosos in overall experience, but this robusto is better than any other 5 x 50 I've had to date for the price...yes sir!  I nub them without fail every time.  I must disclaim that these are of the box purchase that I had Pete Johnson sign himself.  Perhaps my mind is playing on the power of suggestion, but I don't give a shit.

You're going to get the basic tat experience here with a nice sweetness on the finish.  Touting a sweet earthiness and aroma that rivals the flavor, this earthy smoke will deliver a slight dirt taste with just the right spice and appealing Nicaraguan flavor you can't find in another!  

One complaint:  the final third, if not rested long enough is slightly bitter (in an acceptable way) makes up for it by satisfying your need for strength.  Before you go and have any other specialty line from him, this is a must try.  The halfway point is good and should be carefully sampled.

I prefer them box fresh over aged for the record, and keep them in the cellophane so as to not age too fast or mix with others (as Pete agrees).  Every day, all day, no matter what time of day, this will fetch an 8 out of 10 every time.  And for the box price of $137 (for 24 sticks), is a great purchase and a go to smoke for full flavor/body, light/medium strength, and a consistent experience that rivals major manufacturers.


No comments:

Post a Comment