Monday, October 18, 2010

Oliva Serie O Robusto

Oliva has great tobacco and is a staple cigar for me.  These guys tout a habano sun grown wrapper over Nicaraguan blended fillers.  My experiences with aging them has only been positive.  Do yourself a favor and let them rest for a minimum of 3 months before smoking them, but be sure to smoke them within a year.  The taste is not complex, but very rich and balanced.  The burn is perfect.  The ash is strong and white.

I usually pair this with an IPA or unfiltered wheat beer and the flavors that come forth from are predominantly roasted meat and leather, with a touch of sweetness on the finish.  Nothing amazing about this, but considering you can pick these up for $2.50 a stick these days (due to an oversupply I'm sure), you can't beat it for the price!  Stock up on these rich and smooth treats, lay them down for a few months and tell me what you think.  I give them a 7 out of 10 all day and had to restrain myself from giving them an 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment