Wednesday, October 27, 2010

La Aurora 107 Corona


A Cigar that has been touted as one of the year's best releases, but I may have something to add:

This smoke started off with a lot of spice, more than the usual Aurora blends, IE 1495.  It slowly dies off a little but the spice still predominantly takes over the pallet.  Overall, a well balanced cigar showing all the signs of a good "ager", but consumer beware - these appear to have been rushed to market to fill the demand for a smaller ring gauge.  I do have a limited edition "twitter" lancero still to sample soon, but will be sure to let it rest since this corona seemed very young.  The taste shows great (if not amazing) potential, but is very young tasting right now.  It currently scores a 7 out of 10, but I'm sure that with three month things will change.

1 comment:

  1. Its funny how different people taste different things in the same cigar. I never get much spice out of any of the 107 line, haha. I have had a few youthful tasting 107s as well, but have still really enjoyed everyone I have smoked.

    ReplyDelete