Thursday, October 21, 2010

BOTL Small batch 2010 by Pinar Del Rio


Great aroma, like a LFD!  There is a flat taste off the bat with just some spiciness without any real flavor.  After the first inch it opens up and spice settles down giving a pretty decent flavor of a typical DR made blend.  The aroma is superb.

After a few inches in...a poor acrid taste typical of an under cured tobacco emerges.  I choose to continue.  However as only 1/3 remains, this is too bitter to go on.  I do notice that the finish is pleasant.  The most enjoyable part of this cigar was when I chose to stop smoking it and enjoyed the finish along with the aroma coming from the baying of this dying hound.



Makes my Icehouse taste like a Sam Adams for some reason...the only benefit really...(if you really want to know why I'm having an Icehouse I'll tell you off the record, shoot me a private message).

My BOTLs on the forum will hate me but this only gets a 6 out of 10 on the score, and just barely.  At $120 a box, its best to stay away from them.

1 comment: