Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Overview of Past Cigars

Things have been pretty hectic around the house lately with the birth of my first son and all, so reviews have taken the back burner for family time. I have still had time to smoke a couple celebratory cigars and I will give you a brief overview of them.





















Flor De Oliva Corojo Torpedo
I got a bundle of these and re-banded them with It's a Boy bands that I made. I purchased these from Famous and they arrived pretty beat up, 13 of the 20 cigars had damage to the head. I did not have time to send them back and wait for another bundle to arrive so the guys at Famous gave me a refund of half of the purchase price. With a little Suregel and some patches they all looked good as new. Now on to the important part, these things were damn good for $2.25 a stick. Off the top of my head score would be an 8. Price definitely plays a part in this score.

Partagas Serie D. No.4
There is not a single bad thing I can say about this cigar. Vince gave me a box of these as a baby present and I intend to smoke one a year on my son's birthday until his 18th birthday where we will both smoke the final two. Now I know what your thinking, isn't there 25 cigars in a box of PDS4's? Yes and Uncle Vince gets to share in the celebration five times. Everything about this cigar was perfect. Score to be determined later.

Old Henry Maduro Toro
Good stick for the money. I was able to smoke this while cleaning out the garage and not worry about setting it down for a couple of minutes. I would put it at 7 out of 10 point, not a great cigar but not terrible either.

Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial Rubusto
I did a full review with this cigar but I lost the paperwork somewhere between the hospital, home and work, so here is what I remember. The first half had good flavor and burn and the second half was harsh and did not burn well. I think I gave it somewhere in the 7-8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment