Gifted from Chris' stash, I figured a night of Jack/Coke would pair nice with this beautiful cigar as we welcomed in the July4th weekend.
smell was very barnyard on the wrapper. the cut was clean on this torpedo and draw was spectacular, very spicy fresh wood taste on the prelight draw. weight in hand is great, no softspots, my anticipation grows!
immediate black pepper spice on the back of the palate. surprisingly, this is lacking the expected sweetness the look hinted at. not much flavor here other than spice and the burn is very pesty and the taste is acrid and acidic. I call Chris to complain, but he won't pick up. I'm beginning to think he dunked this in battery acid just to screw with me. or maybe just sprayed a little Lysol on it?
my experience with padilla has been hit or miss. IE the 32 is amazing, but this edicion especial can take a walk, this obsidian may be an isolated sickly duck...unfortunately I only had the one to review. at the halfway point I can't take it and reach for something more familiar and comforting giving this a 5 out of 10.
smell was very barnyard on the wrapper. the cut was clean on this torpedo and draw was spectacular, very spicy fresh wood taste on the prelight draw. weight in hand is great, no softspots, my anticipation grows!
immediate black pepper spice on the back of the palate. surprisingly, this is lacking the expected sweetness the look hinted at. not much flavor here other than spice and the burn is very pesty and the taste is acrid and acidic. I call Chris to complain, but he won't pick up. I'm beginning to think he dunked this in battery acid just to screw with me. or maybe just sprayed a little Lysol on it?
my experience with padilla has been hit or miss. IE the 32 is amazing, but this edicion especial can take a walk, this obsidian may be an isolated sickly duck...unfortunately I only had the one to review. at the halfway point I can't take it and reach for something more familiar and comforting giving this a 5 out of 10.
I smoked a couple of these and I found the taste to be..... ok. Not great, not bad. The problem I have with them is the number of touch ups I have to do with the lighter. Out of the 6 I smoked I had to keep relighting 4 every 10 minutes. I wouldn't buy a box of these but they wouldn't scare me away from a sampler.
ReplyDelete