Thursday, July 14, 2011

CroMagnon by Adrian's Cigars (Hava Smokeshop)


Between Chris and I, we've sampled every size available.  I promised Skip (@ChiefHava for you tweet punks - www.havacigarshop.com for you old school folks like me) that I'd post a quick thought about his line and here it is:

I have yet to experience anything other than pure delight from this truly boutique brand. Very tasty and a satisfyingly strong Nica, easily in my top 5 of the year.  I'd compare it off bat to the stalk cut flavor of the Liga Privada line by Drew Estate.  Construction and flavors are both consistent and top notch.  Nice and balanced on the retrohale despite the kickass factor.  Extremely oily wrapper!  You're going to need to drink lots of beer (my choice for the needed caloric intake) to pad your stomach for strength here.

My father in law, Chris' Dad, bought us each a 5 pack flight sampler as a father's day gift for us new dads.  Having initially smoked only the "Mandible" a 4.5x60, we knew this was something special.  We ordered a cube of 35 post haste for $194 before the price point had a chance to go up, something that I've begged Skip not to do, but undoubtedly will happen as the popularity of this amazing smoke rises.  The "Mandible" was the most balanced of the vitolas we felt (despite our adversity to huge RG cigars), but overall we've enjoyed them all, large and small.

8 every time and a 9 for the "Mandible".  We have not accepted any gifts from Skip and relay our thoughts as true as his sticks burn.

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment