Saturday, March 19, 2011

La Gloria Cubana Serie N

I am going to start out by saying that I was given this cigar as well as a few others as a part of General Cigars Consumer Ambassador program that I signed up for online. This in no part has altered my opinion on the cigar. In fact being a cigar from General I think it automatically drops a point or two. Anyway on to the review.
Pre light this cigar is super dark, almost to dark and even, it leaves me thinking dye job. The N cut out looks out of place on the darkness but it is unique. The roll is uneven and bumpy. The foot has a sweet raisin aroma to it. Getting lit there is a light and sweet aroma and it starts out nice and strong. The sweetness remains and begins to develop into milk chocolate/cocoa flavor. Getting about half way in a spice emerges on the retrohale and the finish is like a sweet mild pepper. It is producing tons of thick white smoke with a great aroma. The second half picks up a strong cocoa and almond flavors with pepper and leather at the nub.
I have to say that this cigar surprised the hell out of me. I could not tell you the last time I have smoked a cigar from General and liked it this much. Would I buy it again--- Yes I would pick up a 5 pack if the price was right. I wouldn't mind seeing what some age would do to it.
Final score 7.5-- due to wrapper concerns and uneven roll.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sorry for the sketchy writing, its been a while and I don't feel like editing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,

    I hope all is well. I represent wine and spirits brands and wanted to send you more information on our clients regarding pairings with cigars.

    Can I please be provided with an email address?

    Thanks,

    Zuri
    zhadi@thebaddishgroup.com

    ReplyDelete